Ready to be baked......I used a 9" springform pan.
Sprinkled with granulated sugar and cinnamon, before going into the oven.
Makes one 8- or 9-inch single-layer cake............. serves 6-8
1 stick butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 scant cup all-purpose flour
1 Tbl. baking powder
2 peaches or nectarines, peeled, pitted, and sliced
*1/2 C. blueberries
*Sugar for sprinkling
Cinnamon for sprinkling
1. Butter a 8 or 9 inch round cake pan.
2. Mix butter at medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar and vanilla; beat in the eggs, one at a time.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the butter mixture and stir until just combined, no longer.
4. Scrape the batter into the pan; smooth the top. Scatter the fruit over the batter. Sprinkle w/sugar and cinnamon.
5. Bake until the cake is golden brown and baked through, about 45 minutes.
6. Cool in the pan on a wire rack. Serve at room temp.
Variations: Marian Burros' original recipe calls for 12 purple plums, halved, pitted, and arranged skin side up. Raspberries also work well. In fall or winter, substitute sliced apples and fresh cranberries.
I like to serve with whipped cream, ice cream or just powdered sugar.
Thanks for stopping by.