"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Monday, October 19, 2009

Carrot Casserole.......

Right out of the oven...........
Lisa taking a scoop of the 'Carrot Casserole'.



........One day I had all this Velveeta cheese and a ton of carrots that needed to be used up so I 'googled' for a recipe and came up with this a couple of years ago. Well it was a hit with my nieces and nephews. I only make it a couple of times a year for them as you can see why. Last Sunday my niece Lisa came over for lunch and as a treat b/c it's one of her favourites I made it for her.......and gave her the rest to take home. It really is very yummy....even if you have a bit of it.

Carrot Casserole
6 cups carrots, sliced
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup butter [1 stick]
1 cup Velveeta Cheese [LF]
1 cup potato chips, crushed

1. Boil carrots until half done.
2. Drain and place in casserole dish.
3. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
4. Cover with crushed potato chips.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes.

.........Lisa has already helped herself.
Thanks for stopping by my post!


1 comment:

  1. This casserole sounds wonderful..I have to try it. I have become a follower of your pretty blog,can't wait to see all the other recipes on here.

    ReplyDelete