Lisa taking a scoop of the 'Carrot Casserole'.
........One day I had all this Velveeta cheese and a ton of carrots that needed to be used up so I 'googled' for a recipe and came up with this a couple of years ago. Well it was a hit with my nieces and nephews. I only make it a couple of times a year for them as you can see why. Last Sunday my niece Lisa came over for lunch and as a treat b/c it's one of her favourites I made it for her.......and gave her the rest to take home. It really is very yummy....even if you have a bit of it.
6 cups carrots, sliced
1 onion, diced
1/2 cup butter [1 stick]
1 cup Velveeta Cheese [LF]
1 cup potato chips, crushed
1. Boil carrots until half done.
2. Drain and place in casserole dish.
3. Add rest of ingredients and mix well.
4. Cover with crushed potato chips.
5. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35 - 45 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by my post!