"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Friday, November 27, 2009

Thank you to our wonderful Hostess Susan for hosting this "Foodie Friday".

Stop by for some fun and exciting recipes and fabulous pictures at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

Bean Salad, is the recipe I'm going to show today. I learned it off my Mom. It was one of her favourites and very easy and fast to make. Also my daughter and husband enjoy it as well.

Here I used white kidney beans but I have also used chickpeas as well which comes out the same and if you want you can add some chopped up cucumber or even add 1 garlic clove minced. All optional and what you prefer.

Bean Salad
1 can white kidney beans OR 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 tomato, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
3 Tbsp. flat leaf parsley, chopped
Juice of 1/2 lemon
3 Tbsp. Olive oil
In a bowl put rinsed and drained beans and set aside.
Add chopped tomato, onion, cucumber and parsley. Mix well till combined.
Mix Olive oil and lemon juice together and pour over above salad and mix well.
Ready to eat or make a couple of hours before and refrigerate.


.....ready to eat.





Hope everyone enjoyed my tried and true simple "bean salad".........Love to hear any comments.
Have a "Happy Foodie Friday"!




2 comments:

  1. Delicious! I do that especially when fasting, though nobody else in the family appreciates it! The only difference is I do not put cucumber. Thank you for sharing and bon appetit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Erica,
    I've missed so many of Michael Lee's aka Gollums Foodie Fridays. I enjoy taking in all the great recipes. I've always wanted to try making a Bean Salad, but couldn't find one I thought my Hubby would like...until today. Every ingredient you listed was one that I knew he would like.
    I will try your *tried and true* Bean Salad.
    Maybe I can join in Gollums next Foodie post, with a few Christmas confections.

    Sweet Holiday Wishes,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete