"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Monday, November 9, 2009

Blue Square Bowls

To see more of "BLUE MONDAY" be sure and visit our Hostess Sally at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/




Today for "BLUE MONDAY" I'm showing these two bowls that I have. I purchased them in a small town called Niagara-on-the-Lake in this lil' gift store........when I saw them I knew I had to have them. If you are ever in Niagara Falls this town is a must to see..........there are gorgeous gift stores there and antiques shops. I'm not sure who makes these bowls because on the back is one smooshed up label, looking more like a blob of black ink. But where ever they are from I love them. The bigger one I sometimes put flowers in on a table for special occassions and the little one sort of floats around the house.


Here they are together the smaller and larger square bowls.



Close up look at the front of the bowl.

Side view of the bowl, the design goes right around.


This is the inside of the bowl, it also has this beautiful scene in on the inside.


This is the smaller bowl.

Close up of the details on the smaller bowl.




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Thanks for stopping by and be sure and look at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/.
Have a great "BLUE MONDAY"!







10 comments:

  1. Oh, Erica... those are beautiful! Just beautiful! I think you got two treasures there. I'm wild over blue and white, and those are stunning.

    Happy Blue Monday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Erica!
    those bowls are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those bowls are just wonderful. There is something so gorgeous about blue and white china. I hope you are having a wonderful Blue Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you wanted those blue bowls. They are beautiful. I will check out the shops if I ever get that way. Really a nice blue post for today. Thanks for your nice visit and comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous bowls, Erica. Happy Blue Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful bowls! Hope you are having a great Blue Monday and have a wonderful week : ) Sherri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love blue & white. Those are some gorgeous pieces. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous bowls! I love the designs and color.Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are so pretty Erica...as you know I am crazy about anything blue and white!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Niagara On the Lake was my favorite town!!!! Our DD lived in Buffalo and we would go to that little town every time we visited!

    Lovely bowls but I adore blue and white!

    ReplyDelete