"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Going Green

Thank you to Susan for hosting "OUTDOOR WEDNESDAY".


I was thinking what could I post today for Outdoor Wednesday.........then I remembered that it was a beautiful Fall day today and I had hung up my laundry in the corner of my backyard. This will probably be the last week that I will hang my laundry outside as the cold, wintery and blustery winter will settle in soon.

In the summer I try to hang as much laundry outside as possible as to save energy and my electrical bill.......plus I love the smell of fresh laundry when you bring it into the house. But I must point out I do have one of those new front load washer and dryers. Which..... when winter comes I will have to use the dryer, or sometimes I have this rack and just hang some there, depending what it is I've washed that day in the basement.

Today it was 'whites'.......but I did manage to do a separate machine with my daughter's hoodies.

This is through my beautiful deep purple French Lilac Tree that my husband tried to trim this year. I hope it will be okay as he really scalped it.




Took a break in between hanging up the laundry and tried to get some Vitamin D's sitting in the sun.
Be sure and visit http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/ for some fun....... :-)
Don’t forget to visit other Outdoor Wednesday participants by clicking on their links.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!!!!!!!







6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I remember those days of hanging laundry out to dry. In fact, up North, we still do. We have one of those revolving laundry stands for wet towels, wet swimsuits and for laundry. It is really quite nice to have. I love your post. It brings back such fond memories.
    Joyce M

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must really be lazy, I have never hung clothes outside. I use the dryer in my basement all the time.
    I enjoyed your post and photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to hang my clothes out to dry years ago, but now I don't even have a clothes line! I love the fresh smell of clothes dried on the line! Your clothes are hung so neat and orderly too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to hang clothes outside -- I have a line that I can do that on and there is nothing like sun dried sheets and towels.

    I'm not sure about your lilac -- my husband did a number on ours too a year ago and they've never really recovered. What is it about men and clippers?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the feel and smell of laundry hung out on the line to dry. Especially sheets and towels! When I redo my back yard in the spring, I want to add a clothes line. I do not have much room but I will find a corner to tuck a small one.

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you had a sunny day Erica...
    you will smell the sun on the clothes...
    It was rainy and gray here...
    L~xo

    ReplyDelete