"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cranberry Glass.............

Welcome to "THRIFTY THURSDAY" hosted by Leigh of

http://lbratina.blogspot.com/ Today I'm showing some Cranberry Glasses that I picked up at a Garage Sale.......this summer. It was two ladies and a husband who were selling their lil' neighbours stuff, well some of it but the rest of the stuff was theirs.

They were originally asking $10 for the four Cranberry glasses, they said they were well over a 100 years old and belonged to the lil' old ladies Grandmother. I told them I will take them if I can get them for $4 and after some hmmmm's and ahh's they said 'okay'. It was kind of late and they wanted to pack it in so I guess that is why I got a bargain.....otherwise they will probably just be sitting away in the basement in a box.

Close look at the details.
My Mom got me started collecting Cranberry Glass, she had a vast collection.


Thank you for stopping by and be sure and visit http://lbratina.blogspot.com/ to see other treasures.
Happy Thrifty Thursday!!!!!









8 comments:

  1. These are lovely.

    I am from the central part of Wisconsin which IS cranberry marsh country. One of my friends, whose husband worked on the marsh for all his working years, has a whole collection of cranberry glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so lovely and what a bargin - that is thrift store prices !
    Kammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are just gorgeous...and I used to live on the South Shore of Mass. where there are numerous cranberry bogs and I've never seen this type of glass in the stores - enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cranberry glasses are lovely and you got a great buy!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful!!! You did get a bargain and it sounds like you are going to use them, which always makes me happy :)

    Kristin - The Goat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love Cranberry glass. I inheirited my husbands grandmothers collection. Its so special! Thanks for linking up to Tales from Bloggeritaville Thrifty Thursday.
    Leigh
    Tales from Bloggeritaville
    www.lbratina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Erica! Oh, what gorgeous cranberry glasses! I've never seen that pattern before! So lovely. Now you really got a bargain, more like a steal! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are beautiful and what a deal you got!

    ReplyDelete