"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chicken-on-Stick

Thank you to our wonderful Hostess Susan for hosting this "Foodie Friday".

Stop by for some fun and exciting recipes and fabulous pictures at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/

Today I'm doing Chicken-on-Stick. Basically it is like a Breaded Chicken Cutlet on a stick. My Mom and Aunt use to make these all the time. In the old days they used pork, but with being more healthy I make it with white chicken breast. I'm of Ukrainian background so any wedding or function you attended these meat on sticks or 'patychky' would appear. Those are the names we use to call them. Also they are very popular in the Polish Community here too.

I don't follow any recipe but just cut up chicken breast deboned and skinned into even cubes.. Then I set up 3 pie dishes ........ thats what I use. First one I beat eggs with a splash of water, the second dish I have flour and the third dish I use Panko and Italian seasoned breadcrumbs with a ratio of half/half. To the breadcrumbs I also add seasonings like garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.

Firstly I skewer them onto shish kabob sticks [I use thicker ones], then coat them with flour, secondly dip into the egg mixture and thirdly into the breadcrumbs.

Heat up large skillet with Canola oil and saute for 3 min. on each side..........

When we were younger my brothers and I would fight who would get how many sticks each to eat. Now I make it for my daughter, nieces and nephews. They always request it when i have something going on in my home. :-)

Skewered and ready to be dipped into the flour, egg mixture and then breadcrumbs.



Coated and ready to be sauteed.


Sizzling away in the skillet.........




Cooked and ready to eat.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hope that you enjoyed my Chicken recipe today. Happy Foodie Friday!!!!!!
Be sure and stop by for some fun and exciting recipes and fabulous pictures at http://designsbygollum.blogspot.com/










8 comments:

  1. These look unbelievably delicious! I'm going to try this recipe...thanks so much and your photos are great! Come see my Norwegian Fruit Bread recipe...perfect for the holidays! Happy Food Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious. I need to take a *heavy appetizer* for a function coming up. I think these would fit that bill. Thanks for posting!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there darling woman :) I found your blog through Coralie! You're a savior! these Chicken on a stick will make great appetizers for Thanksgiving =D Thank you for sharing your wonderful recipe and pictures!
    -Miss Go Lightly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look unbelievably delicious. I've file this one for use down the road. Have a great holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. I think I might steal this one, and get my grandmother's sesame bread crumb chicken recipe and combine them into a good honest delicious craziness. If I do, I'll definitely drop a line back towards you to let you know how those went. Thanks for the great idea!

    Noah
    Ugly Soup: Adventures in At Hand Cooking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your recipe sounds DELICIOUS!!! This is a must try in my book.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  7. PMG, that looks so scrumptious! A great recipe!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are actually on my "to cook" list for this week. Try marinating them in some mayo for about an hour before breading. Its sooo good!

    ReplyDelete