"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Friday, June 18, 2010

Herb Dip

This lil' Angel sits in a corner of my front lawn and watches over my house amongst the Hostas and Impatians........actually I had been eyeing him at the local flower nursery for a long time. But always put off buying him as I was extremely busy with two very not well parents. Then the day my Mom passed away my Husband, Daughter and my Cousin went and bought this for me and set it up before I came home. They said it was an Angel that my Mom sent over to watch me.........so it's always been very special for me.

Now it's a hang out for them squirrels, they just sit there munching away at whatever they are trying to stuff their cheeks with.
At Christmas time this poor lil' angel sits all by himself in the cold and sometimes snow/covered, so I put a Santa hat on him so he will also be in the spirit.


"HERB DIP"
[Adapted from The Barefoot Contessa]

I love 'dips' and with the summer season here a lot of dips will be served at picnics, barbecue's etc.........Aside from the time of year it is a good year round snack to be enjoyed with fresh veggies...............so everyone can induge in.
.........this dip is creamy and mild tasting and one of my favourite dips, believe me I have made numerous 'tried and true' recipes throughout the years. Depends on what company comes over or if it is just my husband and daughter and I then I will add some minced garlic to give it some more 'punch'.........otherwise it tastes just good as it is. But I do make it a few hours before so the flavours can marry together and a more stronger flavour.


8 ounces cream cheese, room temp.

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonnaise

4 scallions, white and green parts, minced

2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, minced

1 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced

1 tsp. kosher salt

3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper


Directions;

Place the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, scallions, parlsey, dill, salt and pepper in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and blend.

.........serve at room temperature.




Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!

6 comments:

  1. What a sweet story about the angel. It's precious where you have her.

    And the herb dip -- it is soooo good! Nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice dip. I don't usually use cream cheese in mine but I am now intrigued. Will you come and link this up at my Vegetarian Foodie Fridays carnival at Breastfeeding Moms Unite? Hope to see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just happened upon your blog. Love your super recipes. And the photos are gorgeous.

    http://moogieland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful angel story. and lovely dip presentation.

    ReplyDelete