"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Marigolds

Today I'm participating in
with a "YELLOW MARIGOLD" flower.






I love the brilliant yellow colour as it peeks in the pots or just in the garden.
This year I planted some in my herb pots as to keep away some pesky squirrels and I hope to keep that darn Chipmunk out also. I hope this works as this is what my neighbour told me so I decided to try it out.
Did you know???? Marigold's were first discovered by the Portuguese in Central America in the 16th century.



Because of the strong pungent smell of these Marigold's leaves I planted them in my herb pots to discourage insects and hopefully a couple of Chipmunks. These Marigold's are sharing with some Italian Parsley and Sage.
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

1 comment: