"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

OVEN ROASTED CORN ON THE COB



 Yummy and most delicious 
"OVEN ROASTED CORN ON THE COB"

I love corn cooked anyway you can serve it.........this recipe I've been using for years and usually make it when I have company over..... it is smothered with butter so that's why I don't make this too often even though it is my favourite...but once in a while this way is delicious. 
Sometimes when we leave the city we stop at road side kiosks along the road where farmers will sell their freshly picked locally grown corn......this year being busy with our flooded basement and lots of renovations going on we really have not ventured outside the city. 
On Saturday mornings we have this really nice Market in the city near my home that all the farmers from around the Niagara area bring all their fresh fruits and veggies...so we pick up a few cobs of corn there. We know it's local and not shipped from another continent.


Crank up (preheat) your oven to 400 degrees Faren.

Season the corn with whatever seasonings you like.....I sometimes do seasoned salt or just plain sea salt and pepper and the odd time might sprinkle some (a tiny bit) of garlic powder and /or onion powder, but not toooo much. Then I slather it with unsalted butter all around. 

I take my jelly roll pan or cookie sheet and cover it with foil. Roast for about 45 minutes. Turning a few times to make sure it is roasted evenly around.

Another healthier way I do is just rub some Olive Oil on it along with salt and pepper and a bit of cayenne pepper and some barbecue seasonings on the corn....and wrap up each individually with foil and roast for 20 to 25 min.

Whichever way you roast it enjoy!!!!


2 comments:

  1. mmm looks good. I bought some at the market and it was as tough as old boots. Even the birds wouldn't eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny saying 'tough as old boots', actually when were at the Blue Mosque and Hagia Sophia in the park in the middle we bought some corn roasted a few times from the vendors and had to chuck them out.....they were very tough like you said.

      Delete