"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Saturday, June 2, 2012

A Day in the Park


A Day in the Park

This Post card I have from my Mother's family collection that my Grandmother, Aunt and my Mom collected since the turn of the century.

I believe this was brought over from Europe in the 1930's. Looks like the parents are discussing something and the daughter is just listening. It looks like the Mother isn't feeling too good, maybe a headache of sorts. Kind of reminds me of my family for we just have one daughter and are always very close the three of us.

Today I'm linking to;
http://thebestheartsarecrunchy.blogspot.ca/


Thanks for stopping by!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Love this little card, it does look like an intimate setting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene....I got this site off your Blog...I noticed you had that post card that your sisters sent you.
    I love post cards I have lots that have been collected through the decades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty moment in the park, and what looks like a serious conversation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Terra.....it does look like a serious moment.

      Delete
  4. I'm always on the look out for such cards when browsing around antique shops. Not easy to find. Sensible families hang on to them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love 'old postcards'....my family brought them over from the old country many years ago and got me started on them. I use to really enjoy looking at them when I was a child.I also still scour antique stores for old cards.

      Delete