"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Galeries Lafayette, PARIS.

This department store ...Galeries Lafayette" has to be one of the most beautiful buildings I have ever seen. I was in awe when I walked inside...not your typical department store.

We visited this store in Paris while my husband, daughter and I were on vacation and were on our way to Turkey but stopped for a week in Paris. The stained glass dome roof in the middle of the store was amazing...it was a cloudy day but I can imagine if it was sunny how the gorgeous colours would come through.
It had balconies going around the whole store........with ornate iron work. Every groove on the balconies had a little display of merchandise......Everything in the store was very expensive and I could see they really hiked the prices up. 
It was very crowded there and I think more people were snapping away at photos then they were shopping.....especially at the gorgeous stained glass dome on the roof.


 The stained glass dome on the roof.


 Balconies surrounding the whole store with ornate iron work.




 No details were spared in the store.


 Make up counter.



 Absolutely gorgeous stained glass work on the windows at the turn of the century.






 We saw more people with their heads up and taking photos then shopping.....




 Front of the store on the street.


Subway stop.......


Thank you for stopping by.

6 comments:

  1. Looks spectacular, thanks for taking me along via photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A spectacular set of photos Erica. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, have to go to Paris again to catch up on what I missed, how beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janice....thank you. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Christine....Paris is beautiful and yes lots to see.

    ReplyDelete