"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beef Noodle Casserole

Family Casserole For a Cold Night I'm not sure of the source where I got this recipe from, because I have had it for years and have made it numerous times. It may have come from a friend or else a magazine as in those days we didn't have any computers at home. So it was either like I mentioned a magazine, a cookbook or from a friend. My husband Don is not too keen on casseroles as he really didn't grow up with them and he will eat it once but not really any left/overs, on the other hand my daughter enjoys casseroles.......so I just put some portions into the freezer and when I'm home alone I just heat some up for me. It freezes very well........well I shouldn't say my husband didn't eat casseroles they just baked different ones then we do here. 1 lb. lean ground beef 8 oz. tomato sauce 15 oz. can tomatoes 2 garlic cloves, minced 2 tsp. sugar salt and pepper to taste 3 cups egg noodle, cooked and drained 4 oz. light cream cheese 1 cup low/fat sour cream 4 - 6 green onions, chopped 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese Brown meat and drain well.......Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, garlic, sugar and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 deg. F. Combine hot cooked noodles with cubed cream cheese and mix well till melted. Add sour cream and green onions. In a greased baking dish layer 1/2 meat sauce, 1/2 noodle mixture, 1/2 cheddar cheese and repeat. Bake un/covered for 30 minutes till golden and bubbly. Serves 6. Notes; As you can see I forgot to take a photograph of the baked Casserole. Sometimes I add a sprinkle of taco seasoning, then it tastes Mexican. Today I'm linking to; Foodie Fridays. Food on Fridays. Friday Potluck. Frugal Fridays. Be sure and visit the other participants.
Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Your first photos is truly beautiful! Such a delicious looking casserole.

    Hope you have a great weekend. Happy Foodie Friday!!

    :)
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love casseroles! This looks and sounds terrific! My husband is not too fond of left overs no matter how I try to repurpose them - great idea to freeze in portion sizes.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks good, something I would def try!
    Thanks for visiting, glad to meet you!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm bookmarking this one for sure. My son brings the 3 grandchildren over for dinner on the nights my dil works so I like to have something filling. Looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very delicious. I have to grab your recipe and I will be your constant visitor..I love your food. I am Marelie and your newest follower. www.cookiedropletsetcbymarelie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to freeze some of it to eat later!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious, thanks for sharing. We might have some dishes that you might like, too. :-) We live in Halifax, Nova Scotia and are your newest followers.

    http://helpfuldaddy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete