"SWEET ON YOU"

One woman's insight into her daily life and some 'adventures'.............cooking, collecting, travels etc. With a lil' bit of this and that...........

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

CHICKEN SHISH KABOBS

Married to a Turk.....Shish Kabobs are always a meal of some kind in our house. As you know the Turks main food culture is Shish Kabobs....they grill anything. Chicken, beef, lamb, veggies and ground beef on sticks.
My favourite is when I visit Turkey is the ground beef they mold around the stick and grill it...it is called "Adana Kabob' but that will be another post.

Mostly my husband loves the Beef Kabobs but my daughter and I love the Chicken....they seem more healthy to me and less red meat is better.
 Today I only made the Chicken Shish Kabobs with some veggies....sometimes I'll sneak in a Beef Kabob for him but today ran out of time and had the chicken breasts hanging around my freezer so I just stuck to them.






CHICKEN SHISH KABOBS

2 lbs. chicken breast, skinned and boned
1 onion, cut in wedges
1 or 2 green, yellow and or red peppers, cut into squares
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
3 Tbsp. Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
2 or 3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
1/4 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. pepper
salt to taste
1/8 tsp. cayenne

Combine altogether in a medium bowl and add cubed chicken breast. Refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
Skewer chicken cubes along with veggies and grill. 

notes; Sometimes we have added mushrooms.




THANKS FOR STOPPING BY.............

No comments:

Post a Comment